Performance question...

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh hmh at debian.org
Tue Feb 24 23:16:18 EST 2004

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004, Michael J Barber wrote:
> His test system is a Pentium 200 with less than 10 users and just auto generated
> test messages.  The mail boxes were growing to 20-30MB...at least with the
> Courier setup.

Oh. Yeah, that is a scenario where Courier might just be faster than Cyrus.
But if it was way faster, something was indeed wrong with the Cyrus install.

> Any other info would be great and thanks for the note.
>
> BTW the eventual production system is a dual Xeon 3.0GHz with 4GB ram and 15K
> drives for about 5000 users.

Jeez, I have 35k users in the same class of server, using Cyrus.  Granted,
the usage profile of these users is a low-connection-count one.

  Henrique Holschuh
---
Home Page: http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus