Not seing SASL auth metchanisms from sieve

Albert Chin info-cyrus at lists.thewrittenword.com
Tue Feb 24 14:49:39 EST 2004

On Tue, Feb 24, 2004 at 10:55:51AM -0600, Albert Chin wrote:
> $ telnet [host] 2000
> "IMPLEMENTATION" "Cyrus timsieved v2.2.3"
> "SIEVE" "fileinto reject envelope vacation imapflags notify subaddress relational regex"
> OK
>
> Any reason I don't see the SASL auth mechanisms? Cyrus IMAPd is
> working fine against saslauthd/pam. My main problem is that sieveshell
> won't connect to [host] and I think the lack of displaying the SASL
> auth mechanisms is the cause.

BTW, imapd doesn't display the auth mechanisms either:
$ telnet [host] imap
a001 CAPABILITY
* CAPABILITY IMAP4 IMAP4rev1 ACL QUOTA LITERAL+ MAILBOX-REFERRALS
NAMESPACE UIDPLUS ID NO_ATOMIC_RENAME UNSELECT CHILDREN MULTIAPPEND
BINARY SORT THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT THREAD=REFERENCES ANNOTATEMORE
IDLE

--
albert chin (china at thewrittenword.com)
---