Not seing SASL auth metchanisms from sieve

Igor Brezac igor at ypass.net
Tue Feb 24 18:32:52 EST 2004

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004, Albert Chin wrote:

> > True (I'm using PAM via saslauthd). So, with the following in
> > imapd.conf and TLS, I should get some auth mechanisms displayed?
> >   sasl_mech_list: PLAIN
> >   sasl_pwcheck_method: saslauthd
>
> Ok, I configured TLS and then did:
>   $ openssl
>   OpenSSL> s_client -host [host] -port 993
>   ... SSL stuff ...
>   a01 capability
>   * CAPABILITY IMAP4 IMAP4rev1 ACL QUOTA LITERAL+ MAILBOX-REFERRALS
>   NAMESPACE UIDPLUS ID NO_ATOMIC_RENAME UNSELECT CHILDREN MULTIAPPEND
>   BINARY SORT THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT THREAD=REFERENCES ANNOTATEMORE
>   IDLE
>
> No SASL auth stuff though. Also, I cannot:
>
> My imapd.conf:
>   allowallsubscribe: false
>   allowanonymouslogin: false
>   allowapop: false
>   allownewnews: false
>   allowplaintext: true
>   allowusermoves: false
>   configdirectory: [path]
>   defaultpartition: default
>   duplicate_db: berkeley-nosync
>   idlesocket: [path]
>   lmtpsocket: [path]
>   notifysocket: [path]
>   partition-default: [path]
>   postmaster: postmaster
>   sasl_mech_list: PLAIN
>   sasl_pwcheck_method: saslauthd
>   sendmail: [path]
>   sievedir: /ext/data/mail/.sieve
>   unix_group_enable: true
>   unixhierarchysep: false
>   tls_ca_file: [path]
>   tls_cert_file: [path]
>   tls_key_file: [path]

It works for me:

$ openssl
OpenSSL> s_client -host xxx -port 993
<stuff deleted>
. capability
* CAPABILITY IMAP4 IMAP4rev1 ACL QUOTA LITERAL+ MAILBOX-REFERRALS
NAMESPACE UIDPLUS ID NO_ATOMIC_RENAME UNSELECT CHILDREN MULTIAPPEND BINARY
SORT THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT THREAD=REFERENCES ANNOTATEMORE IDLE AUTH=PLAIN
AUTH=LOGIN SASL-IR
. OK Completed

It may be that your sasl setup is broken and cyrus cannot find plain
plugin.  Do you get any message in syslog?

--
Igor
---