two trivial questions

michele digioia micdigioia at tiscali.it
Thu Feb 26 03:32:58 EST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Craig Ringer" <craig at postnewspapers.com.au>
To: "michele digioia" <micdigioia at tiscali.it>
Cc: <info-cyrus at lists.andrew.cmu.edu>
Sent: Thursday, February 26, 2004 2:35 AM
Subject: Re: two trivial questions

> On Thu, 2004-02-26 at 02:54, michele digioia wrote:
> > Hi. Since some days I became server administrator of my (little)
company. I read a lot of docs about cyrus, sasl, sendmail and general
mailing. But I still can't do two basic operations like: change user
passwords and adding mail addresses. I presume mail server is cyrus with
sasldb password (qmail and sendmail processes are also active, so I'm not
100% sure). I tried to use saslpasswd to change passwords but with no
results (right passwords are still old passwords) and after adding a user
with "createmailbox" cyrus command and with saslpasswd that user is not
recognized from clients. Please, how may I do it?

> Having MTA proccesses like qmail or sendmail is quite normal on a
> machine running Cyrus IMAPd - as something is still needed to handle
> SMTP mail delivery.
>
> As for managing users - that depends on how your Cyrus IMAPd server is
> configured to do user authentication. Try having a look at
> /etc/imapd.conf to see what sasl_pwcheck_method is in use.

I've already seen. sasl_pwcheck_method is sasldb. I see saslpasswd has some
options like "application" and "user domain". Do I have to use them? How can
I see what users are in sasldb?

---
Home Page: http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus