migration howto?

Wil Cooley wcooley at nakedape.cc
Thu Feb 26 18:37:58 EST 2004

On Thu, 2004-02-26 at 15:18, Bartosz Jozwiak wrote:
> > I need to move a Cyrus IMAP server that's running on one (Debian) machine
> > another.  The move should be transparent to the users.  Is there a howto
> or
> > step-by-step guide for doing this?  Any tips on the dos and don'ts?
>
> I am also interested in it.
> We are planning soon to move our current mail system to faster and better
> "machine". Could somebody tell us how is the best way to do it.
> We are working with cyrus-imap, cyrus-sasl, mysql, postfix.
> I would be very happy if somebody can give some light and show the best way
> of cyrus-imap migration. Version of cyrus-imapd is 2.1.14

Are you /only/ changing hardware?  Will your installed version of Cyrus,
OS, etc. all remain more or less the same?  If so, then you should
pretty much just be able to use 'rsync'.  You'll of course have to
change your hostname if it's hard-coded for Postfix and change your DNS.

Wil
Wil Cooley                                 wcooley at nakedape.cc
* * * * Linux, UNIX, Networking and Security Solutions * * * *
*   Naked Ape Consulting                 http://nakedape.cc  *