ctl_deliver/cyr_expire -E clarification

Brenden Conte conteb at rpi.edu
Fri Feb 27 09:19:29 EST 2004

I'm not sure if i just misunderstood its functionality, or if theres
something else going on, but i couldn't find anything about this in the
docs...

I was under the impression that the 'delprune' event
(delprune	cmd="cyr_expire -E 3" at=0400)
was to prune the duplicate entry database.  The last couple days, i've
come back to discover that messages in my 'old' folder are gone - with
the timestamp on the index and cache files at 4:00.  Digging, this led
me to this log entry in my messages:

Feb 27 04:00:00 imap cyr_expire[24051]: duplicate_prune: pruning back 3
days
Feb 27 04:00:01 imap cyr_expire[24051]: duplicate_prune: purged 255 out
of 1401 entries
Feb 27 04:00:01 imap cyr_expire[24051]: expunged 1994 out of 2454
messages from 3 mailboxes

This is definately not behavior that i want.  This account was acutally
restored via 'reconstruct -xfr' after an upgrade, although i'm not sure
if that would have anything to do with it.

Is this the normal behavior of duplicate pruning?  Is there any way to
use duplicate delivery supression without expunging mailboxes?  Or will
i have to turn that feature off?

Thanks,
--
Brenden Conte