Long lines classified as "Message contains NUL characters"

Amos info-cyrus at utdallas.edu
Sun Dec 5 17:20:31 EST 2004

Was there any follow-up to this?

Related to this unpleasant issue that gets repeatedly kicked around
between this list and postfix-users, with an unpleasant amount of
disdain I might add, has anybody implemented a hack to Cyrus lmptd to
optionally reject such messages, or delete these NUL characters?
Seems like an option to lmtpd to do either would settle this for once
and for all.