db4 backend alternative

Henk.Roose at cwi.nl Henk.Roose at cwi.nl
Fri Dec 10 07:18:45 EST 2004

Michael Sims wrote:

> Denny Schierz wrote:
> > Am Montag, den 22.11.2004, 22:51 +0000 schrieb Mark Hannessen:
> >> I am really wondering about this because I just can't seem to get
> >> db4 to run stable.
> >
> > same problem here. I have to delete once a week all db's (but
> > mailboxes.db). Otherwise i have timeouts and bouncing mails :-/
>
> Seriously, why don't you guys switch to skiplist and avoid the whole Berkeley DB
> mess?  I switched to skiplist for mailboxes.db, deliver.db, and the seen databases
> (on 2.1.x) about a year and a half ago and haven't had a problem since.  Berkeley DB

Same here. Switched a year ago and not a worry in the world.
The only difference is that I'm using deliver with db3-nosync (as with
the tls_sessions) and the subscribed folders databases are flat files.
The rest is all skiplist.

> may perform better in some situations, but IMHO it's not worth the hassle it brings.
> YMMV...

Regards
Henk Roose - Henk.Roose at cwi.nl
CWI - Centrum voor Wiskunde en Informatica
Centre for Mathematics and Computer Science
Amsterdam (NL)