best filesystem for imap server

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh hmh at debian.org
Sat Dec 4 21:43:14 EST 2004

On Sat, 04 Dec 2004, Einar Indridason wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 01, 2004 at 05:07:46PM -0600, Jim Miller wrote:
> > journaled but very slow.  ReiserFS is a better choice for a journaled file
> > system and if you can hold off until all the bugs are worked out, Reiser4FS
> > would be the best choice (IMHO).
>
> Don't forget JFS from IBM.

All I know about JFS is that it did not come up as better enough than ext3
in a few benchmarks I've seen, to bother with it at the time :(

If you have first hand experience with JFS, please describe it to us.
Especially data protection capabilities and performance in ridiculously big
directories, as required by Cyrus spools :)

  Henrique Holschuh