Disabling PURGE/DELETE

ocl ocl at arayan.com
Sat Dec 4 12:37:02 EST 2004

Hi,

We have had an employee delete all his mails and then leave
the company. Now, the management is asking me to make it
impossible for mail users to delete any mails.

We do have an 'archive' mailbox which --in a way-- serves
this purpose but, it is not the same thing: It does not
have the same folder structure the user has, it is a lot
of work to recreate a mailbox that contains that particular
user's mailbox.

Getting the stuff back from a backup does not necessarily
mean an easier task, because I have no idea when an important
mail has been deleted.

In short, despite all its potential drawbacks, I would very
much like everyone *not* to be able to delete (purge) any mail
at all.

Can it be done? If so, how?

Cheers,
Ray