squatter IOERROR (looking for non-existent folders)

Patrick Boutilier boutilpj at ednet.ns.ca
Sun Dec 5 15:04:04 EST 2004

ocl wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When I run squatter, it does perform indexing for some 3500
> mailboxes, but when it reaches a particular user's mailbox
> it stops with this message:
>
> squatter[xxxxx]: IOERROR: opening
> /var/spool/imap/<username>/Trash/<foldername1>/cyrus.header: No such
> file or directory
>
> The thing is, there is nothing under '/var/spool/imap/<username>/Trash/'..
>
> Nothing. No files not folders -- no <foldername1> either.
>
> But it does insist on finding
> '/var/spool/imap/<username>/Trash/<foldername1>/cyrus.header'

I would guess that the folder does exist in the mailboxes.db file. Dump
your mailboxes.db out to a text file and confirm.

> Since it can not find that, it stops the whole stuatter (cron job),
> rendering the whole thing only partially indexed.
>
> How can I rectify this.

1. Recreate the mailboxes.db file without the bogus folder.

2. Have the user recreate the bogus folder and delete it. Actually that
might not work because Cyrus probably won't allow the bogus folder to be
created since it already thinks it exists. You might be able to get
around it by reconstructing the Trash mailbox for the affected user.