monitor current number of imap users for cyrus-imapd 2.1.16

John Wade jwade at oakton.edu
Fri Dec 10 23:20:42 EST 2004

As far as I know SNMP will give the number of persistent IMAP
connections.  (same as your ps -ef | grep imap )  What you really want
is the number of squirrelmail sessions.   Of course, since users do not
have to use the logout link, you can't just count the /tmp/sess_*
session files.    Maybe if you do a count of all session files with a
modification time more recent then your squirrelmail session timeout you
will get a reasonable approximation.   Try the squirrelmail lists to see
if anyone has any ideas on this.

John Wade