Login failures

Ulrich Stärk uli at spielviel.de
Thu Dec 9 12:58:51 EST 2004

Hi list,

I'm using cyrus 2.2 with saslauthd as sasl_pwcheck_method and I configured saslauthd to use ldap and shadow as it's mechanisms. My
mail users are stored in a ldap directory and the cyrus user is a system user (thus in my shadow file). When I now want to use
cyradm to create new mailboxes I have to login as user cyrus but somehow saslauthd doesn't fall back to shadow when it can't find
the cyrus user in the ldap database and doesn't authenticate the cyrus user. Can anyone tell me how to solve this?

Thanks

Uli