NOT ABLE TO ADMINISTER MAIL BOXES WITH CYRUS-2.2.10

Eric Estabrooks eric at urbanrage.com
Mon Dec 13 09:30:41 EST 2004

Could this be related to other changes?  Recently we went from 2.2.2 to
2.2.9 and our cyrus admin stopped authenticating for us it turned out
the ip lookup was taking precedence over name lookup but only for the
default domain.  By this I mean that if our default domain was say
123.com but the box resolved to 234.com then someone logging in with
user at 123.com would be looked up as user at 234.com in the authentication layer.

For use it didn't matter to much as we don't use ip based auth'ing but
require the user at domain notation so I just set the virtualdomains option
to userid (in /etc/imapd.conf) so it wouldn't do ip lookup at all.

Eric