cyrus-sasl source install for postfix... did it work?

Charles Read cyruslist at charlesread.com
Sun Dec 19 13:17:49 EST 2004

Hey everybody,

I just did a source install of the cyrus-sasl source package on my
Debian system, I followed the instructions on the Debian manual pages
(http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/debian-faq/ch-pkg_basics.en.html#s-
sourcepkgs), I didn't get any errors or anything but when I reload
postfix is doesn't list any auth options when I do a ehlo over telnet.
Do I need to recompile postfix?  How can I do this?  When I run
saslauthd the command is not found... how can I make sure that the sasl
package is working and working with postfix?  Any suggestions are much
appreciated!

Thank you all in advance!

Charles Read