corrupted quota or index files

Jure Pe_ar pegasus at nerv.eu.org
Mon Dec 20 08:20:30 EST 2004

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 12:16:29 +0100
Kjetil Torgrim Homme <kjetilho at ifi.uio.no> wrote:

> we are running Cyrus imapd 2.2.10 with default database types.
>
> every morning, we run "quota -f" and parse the output so we can send
> warning messages to people close to or over their quota.
>
> on two occasions, this has gone terribly wrong, a lot of users have
> their quota usage jacked way up, generally by a factor of 11.  here are
> the first 20 lines of the log which has 1372 lines in total.

[snip]

> re-running quota -f was uneffective, the preceding was the result after
> running a recursive reconstruct on the entire spool first.
>
> has anyone seen anything like this before?

Yes.
I've learned the hard way that qouta -f is doing bad things to my setup.
While I have things under control now, unfortunately i still didn't find
time to examine in detail what's going on. For now i suggest you to parse
quota files directly.

Maybe we can start with posting our relevant configs:

altnamespace: no
hashimapspool: 1
quotawarn: 90
unixhierarchysep: 1
virtdomains: 1

I think these are that matter to the quota handling code.

--

Jure Pečar
http://jure.pecar.org/