directories not deleted when folder is

David Carter dpc22 at cam.ac.uk
Mon Dec 20 10:41:27 EST 2004

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004, Phil Chambers wrote:

> When I deleted the 1581 accounts I was calling the perl deletemailbox()
> function in Cyrus::IMAP::Admin.  For each account I was just specifying
> "user.account" as the argument (having set up an acl to give me 'c'
> rights first).  For 1570 of them it deleted the whole structure,
> subsidiary folders included.

I suspect that the 11 users in question managed to create an orphaned
directory in the filesystem, either by:

> > This happens when you delete a mailbox which has subsidiary mailboxes
> > and then later come back and delete the subsidiary mailboxes.

or by creating a mailbox a few levels down in the hierarchy. This can
leave directories in the filesystem which aren't accounted for by the
mboxlist. e.g: user.dpc22.foo.bar would leave a stray directory "foo".

David Carter                             Email: David.Carter at ucs.cam.ac.uk
University Computing Service,            Phone: (01223) 334502
New Museums Site, Pembroke Street,       Fax:   (01223) 334679
Cambridge UK. CB2 3QH.