What's this?

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Wed Dec 22 14:54:26 EST 2004

Sasa Stupar wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I have found following lines in my mail log:
> ----------
> Dec 22 18:10:13 xmail imap[29555]: SQUAT failed to open index file
> Dec 22 18:10:13 xmail imap[29555]: SQUAT failed
> ----------
> I am running FC3+Sendmail+Cyrus-imapd.
>
> What is SQUAT? I don't remember setting this up.

Search QUery Answer Tool

Cyrus has the ability to index message bodies to speed up text SEARCHes.
   This debug message is telling you that a client did a SEARCH on a
mailbox which did not have such an index (the SEARCH will still take
place by processing each message file).  If you don't want to see these
messages, don't log at the debug level.

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127