Signalled to death by 13

Derrick J Brashear shadow at dementia.org
Tue Dec 28 12:04:42 EST 2004

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004, Nikola Milutinovic wrote:

> Signal 13 on Tru64 is SIGPIPE, the explanation is "write on a pipe with no
> one to read it". Why would IMAPD be writing on a pipe anywhere? Does it have
> to do anything with NTLM?

well, master, for instance, is a pipe. imapd doesn't accept(), master
does.

But more realistically, note that EPIPE/SIGPIPE can be returned on a
socket which no longer has anyone listening on the other side (for tcp
sockets), and that the ntlm sasl plugin uses such a socket to talk to the
auth server.

So almost certainly given your observations it's related to your problem.