Can't auth using sasldb2 after updating cyrus-sasl and cyrus-imapd

Nathaniel Richmond nrichmond at speakeasy.net
Wed Dec 29 18:28:29 EST 2004

Ok, I got it working.  There were two problems.  One is that my symbolic
link to /usr/lib/sasl2 was broken.  The second was that I changed my
imapd.conf to exactly how I had it with the old version of cyrus-sasl
and cyrus-imapd.  Interestingly, that measn that the only line starting
with sasl_ is:
sasl_passwd_check: shadow

Now why would that still work like it did with the old versions?  I
checked by changing my email password with saslpasswd2 and it does seem
to be looking at sasldb2 for passwords now.