How to delete a mailbox ?

Rob Tanner rtanner at linfield.edu
Fri Dec 31 00:28:59 EST 2004

Pascal,

The admin user needs permissions to delete the box.  In one sense it
seems rather dumb to require that when all you as the admin user have
to do is the command "setacl user.test0 cyrus all" to give yourself the
permissions (you actually only need the delete right).  But I've found
cases where I deliberately removed the the admin user rights on some
mailboxes so that I couldn't accidently do something with them.

-- Rob

--On Friday, December 31, 2004 05:32:04 AM +0100 Pascal BOYER
<pascal at linuxorable.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to know how to delete a mailbox ?
> If I log in as cyrus (admin user) with cyradm --user cyrus localhost
> and do "dm user.test0" I get "deletemailbox: Permission denied".
>
> Thank you for your help
>
> Pascal

Rob Tanner
UNIX Services Manager