Question about sieve

Daniel Stellwagen Daniel.Stellwagen at brunata-muenchen.de
Mon Aug 9 03:44:42 EDT 2004

Hi All,

I used a mailserver configuration of postfix 1.1.11 and cyrus 2.1.9 and
used a easysieve perl script for autoresponds.

Know I use

postfix-2.2_20040616-1 and cyrus 2.1.15 and just copied the easysieve.pl
script from the old server to the new one.

If I now send a autorespond mail which I configured with a easysieve.pl
script over a webserver and this autorespond message contains umlauts
(well we germans sometimes need them :-) this umlauts appear only
correct when I change the character encoding in the mail client (Linux
or Windows) from UTF8 to ISO-8859-x . In the mail header the content
type shows

I also tested with postfix-2.2_20040616-1 and cyrus 2.2.8 and then I
directly get a script error when I try to use umlauts in the
autoresponse message. Thats why I think it is a cyrus (timsieved??)
"feature".

Is there a way to change the Content-Type-field to ISO or is there any
other way to fix this problem.

If you need more Information please ask.

Thanks for your help.
d a n i e l