Need MC file for Sendmail to talk to Cyrus, Please

Andrzej Filip anfi at priv.onet.pl
Sun Aug 1 13:56:03 EDT 2004

Rob wrote:
> [...]

Another method of Cyrus IMAP and Sendmail integration is described at
* Real Time Cyrus (and Sendmail) Integration Version 2
http://anfi.homeunix.net/sendmail/rtcyrus2.html

Unlike the method mentioned by Rob it makes sendmail capable of rejecting
messages to non existing cyrus mailboxes in reply to "RCPT TO:" [ No "accept
now, send bounce later" ]. RTCyrus2 uses "socket map protocol" supported by
Cyrus-2.2.3+ and sendmail-8.13.0+ (sendmail-8.12 requires patching).
[ The latest versions: Cyrus-2.2.7, Sendmail 8.13.1 ]

The link below describes more methods:
http://anfi.gomeunix.net/sendmail/#cyrus

P.S. Solution with similar functionality for exim uses LMTP callouts insted of
socke map:
http://anfi.homeunix.net/exim/rtvcyrus.html

Andrzej [en:Andrew] Adam Filip anfi at priv.onet.pl anfi at xl.wp.pl
http://anfi.homeunix.net/   http://anfi.homeunix.net/cyrus/