shared folders among different virtual domains

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Tue Aug 3 08:44:19 EDT 2004

Rob Mueller wrote:

>> You can't.  There isn't any support for cross-domain ACLs.  The biggest
>> impediment to adding this is how to handle 'anyone' and 'anonymous'.
>> Are these pseudo users inter-domain or intra-domain only?
>

> As a suggestion, you could use "anyone/anonymous" for inter-domains, and
> "anyone at xxx/anonymous at xxx" for intra-domains, which seems reasonably
> logical to me,

This is what originally occurred to me, but consider the case of a
single domain server which then upgrades to virtdomains.  Any mailbox
which uses anyone/anonymous in an ACL is now open to anyone/anonymous in
ANY domain on the server.  I don't think we can assume that this is what
the admin intended.

Of course, if the admin sets the defaultdomain to coincide with the
original single domain, then anyone/anonymous becomes
anyone at defaultdomain/anonymous at defaultdomain, which follows your logic.
  I'll have to think about this some more, because I think I'm
forgetting another issue with inter-domains ACLs.

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127