Upgrading from Cyrus 1.6.24

Cristian Thiago Moecke moecke at lmp.ufsc.br
Tue Aug 3 13:55:02 EDT 2004

    Hello all!!!
    I have an email server with FreeBSD 4.4 using Cyrus 1.6.24. Another
person instaled it a logn time ago, many administrators used it and
never changed it and now i am the administrator of this server. I realy
think I NEED to upgrade the FreeBSD, and i would like to upgrade the
email server as well... I read some things about cyrus, and it looks
like many things changed from 1.6 to the last version. My question is:
What kind of trouble I can have in the upgrade process? How should I
proceed to upgrade without data lost? Any especial recomendations?

    Cristian T. Moecke

    Florianópolis - SC - Brasil