Upgrading from Cyrus 1.6.24

Tarjei Huse tarjei at nu.no
Tue Aug 3 15:46:43 EDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-08-03 at 19:55, Cristian Thiago Moecke wrote:
>     Hello all!!!
>     I have an email server with FreeBSD 4.4 using Cyrus 1.6.24. Another
> person instaled it a logn time ago, many administrators used it and
> never changed it and now i am the administrator of this server. I realy
> think I NEED to upgrade the FreeBSD, and i would like to upgrade the
> email server as well... I read some things about cyrus, and it looks
> like many things changed from 1.6 to the last version. My question is:
> What kind of trouble I can have in the upgrade process? How should I
> proceed to upgrade without data lost? Any especial recomendations?

Yes, set up another box with a new version of cyrus and spend some time
learning the different inns and out of a cyrusserver.

Then make a script to copy over the mail via the imap-protocol. There
are a few scripts on the net the you may use.

How do you plan to do authentication? Expect sasl to be the part you
might have the greatest time configuring.

Tarjei