Upgrading from Cyrus 1.6.24

Tarjei Huse tarjei at nu.no
Thu Aug 5 07:48:35 EDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-08-04 at 20:58, Cristian Thiago Moecke wrote:
>     Ok, but what if I dont have another box to do that? ;-D
>     I just have a new and bigger hard disk, so I plan to unplug the old
> HD, set up the new freebsd and cyrus in the new HD, and then spent some
> time in the migration of the mail files. I would do it at nightm and
> warn the users that the server will be not avaliable, no prlbems with
> that. But is it possible do make that upgrade?

>     This script that you are talking about will copy the emails by the
> ethernet if I understood, using the imapd, so i need two boxes to do
> it... ther isn't another way, so I can do it using just the same box?
Hi,
As long as you can start the old server on the new freebsd install, you
can just start one of the servers (the old or the new one) on a
different port and then copy between them.

Also, you can use another box for setting up the new serverhd, migrate
and then move the new harddisk into the old box.

Tarjeii