SQL errors when not using SQL backend

Paul Boven p.boven at chello.nl
Fri Aug 6 07:20:56 EDT 2004

Hi everyone,

I'm building the latest Cyrus (imapd 2.2.8, sasl 2.1.19) and packaging
  it for Solaris to distrubute to several different Cyrus servers.

For historic reasons we have quite a mix of authentication backends for
these servers: some with /etc/passwd (via saslauthd), or MySQL (via
sasl_sql_select) and now one with LDAP (Active Directory). If at all
possible I wuld like to use the same binary package on all these
servers, of course.

So my configure statement looks like this:

./configure --with-perl=/bin/perl --with-sasl=/usr/local
--with-cyrus-prefix=/usr/local/cyrus --with-dbdir=/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.1

And SASL is configured like this:

./configure --with-openssl=/usr/local --disable-krb4 --disable-gssapi
--with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql --without-pgsql --enable-sql
--with-ldap=/usr/local

For the server that gets it's authentication from AD, the imapd.conf is
below:

configdirectory: /var/imap
partition-default: /var/spool/imap
admins: cyrus
sasl_pwcheck_method: saslauthd
allowplaintext: yes
sieveusehomedir: false
sievedir: /var/spool/sieve
altnamespace: yes
virtdomains: no
hashimapspool: 1
fulldirhash: 1
createonpost: 1
autocreatequota: -1

Works like a charm but every time someone connects I get the following
errors on my serial console:

imap[18190]: sql_select option missing
imap[18190]: auxpropfunc error no mechanism available

The machine in question is not using SQL as a backend (though it has
been compiled in). Should these messages turn up at all in this case?

Regards, Paul Boven.