SQL errors when not using SQL backend

Paul Boven p.boven at chello.nl
Fri Aug 6 09:12:21 EDT 2004

Hi everyone,

Ken Murchison wrote:
> Paul Boven wrote:

>> I'm building the latest Cyrus (imapd 2.2.8, sasl 2.1.19) and packaging
>>  it for Solaris to distrubute to several different Cyrus servers.
>> Works like a charm but every time someone connects I get the following
>> errors on my serial console:
>>
>> imap[18190]: sql_select option missing
>> imap[18190]: auxpropfunc error no mechanism available
>>
>> The machine in question is not using SQL as a backend (though it has
>> been compiled in). Should these messages turn up at all in this case?

> If the SQL plugin is installed, it will be initialized, and the
> initialization procedure checks for the sql_select option.  You can
> either remove the SQL plugin or just add a dummy sql_select option.

I appended 'sasl_sql_select: dummy' to the imapd.conf, but now I get:

mozilla imap[9865]: sql plugin could not connect to host
mozilla imap[9865]: sql plugin couldn't connect to any host
mozilla imap[9865]: sql plugin could not connect to host
mozilla imap[9865]: sql plugin couldn't connect to any host

Would it be a good idea to remove the sql-plugin from /usr/sasl2/lib or
is it perhaps possible to explicitly disable it by setting
sasl_auxprop_plugin?

Regards, Paul Boven.