sieve configuration (turning features on/off)

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Mon Aug 9 11:48:27 EDT 2004

Tomas Lindroos DC wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>
> I am configuring a cyrus 2.2.6 murder, and I am going to use sieve for
> mail filtering. Is there any good way of configuring the 'capabilities'
> for sieve to allow or disallow certain features. I'd like to disable at
> least "reject" and "vacation" (users are not allowed to forward their
> mail, at least not via the imap-server, and vacation will be done
> elsewhere, if allowed).
>
> Can this be done in some configuration file (imapd.conf?), or by editing
> some file in the sieve library source? The documentation seems to be
> quite sparse on this topic, but I think I've seen a post to this list
> mentioning that some sieve features might be configurable in imapd.conf.

It can't be done with imapd.conf, but it would be fairly easy to add
such options.  In the interim, the easiest way to disable them would be
to go into sieve/interp.c and edit sieve_register_reject() and
sieve_register_vacation() and comment out the lines where sieve->interp
and sieve->vacation get set.  This will disable these actions in both
timsieved and lmtpd.

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127