cyrus and gssapi

Stephen sdw2 at shineonline.co.nz
Wed Aug 11 21:10:05 EDT 2004

Hi everyone,

I'd like to install cyrus imap with GSSAPI support but can't find any
documentation on how to do this. (Googled, looked at FAQ, and have the
OREILLY "Managing Imap" book).

So far:

   1. Have installed MIT Kerberos 1.3.3, and cyrus-sasl 2.1.18. Kerberos
      and cyrus-imap are installed on the same server right now as I
      thought that would be the easiest way to get everything going.
   2. Have installed cyrus-imap and can log in via plain text. The
      server is showing GSSAPI in the capabilities.
   3. The missing piece is how to link cyrus-imap and GSSAPI. Kerberos
      is operational and I have tried
      "addprinc -randkey host/kerberos.ourdomain" and then "ktadd
      host/kerberos.ourdomain", but still can't authenticate.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Stephen