cyrus and gssapi

Stephen sdw2 at shineonline.co.nz
Thu Aug 12 18:09:32 EDT 2004

I guess it'll help a lot if I add some config files. I'm running gentoo.
Domain names and realms changed to protect the innocent.

I've added imap/kerberos.acme.co.nz to the keytab file and changed
ownership to cyrus.

I'm wondering if sasl_pwcheck_method in /etc/imapd.conf should be
changed if one requires gssapi authentication. I tried setting it to
"gssapi" but it didn't help. What should be value be?

Thanks

Results of a console session...
silver imap # ls -l /etc/krb5.keytab
-rw-------  1 cyrus root 330 Aug 12 10:45 /etc/krb5.keytab

silver root # klist
Ticket cache: FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_0
Default principal: cyrus at ACME.CO.NZ

08/13/04 09:34:22  08/13/04 19:34:22  krbtgt/ACME.CO.NZ at ACME.CO.NZ
        renew until 08/13/04 09:34:22

silver root # imtest -a cyrus -m login -p imap2 localhost
S: * OK silver Cyrus IMAP4 v2.1.15 server ready
C: C01 CAPABILITY
S: * CAPABILITY IMAP4 IMAP4rev1 ACL QUOTA LITERAL+ MAILBOX-REFERRALS
NAMESPACE UIDPLUS ID NO_ATOMIC_RENAME UNSELECT CHILDREN MULTIAPPEND SORT
THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT THREAD=REFERENCES IDLE STARTTLS AUTH=GSSAPI
AUTH=NTLM AUTH=CRAM-MD5 AUTH=DIGEST-MD5 LISTEXT LIST-SUBSCRIBED X-NETSCAPE
S: C01 OK Completed
Please enter your password:
C: L01 LOGIN cyrus {10}
S: + go ahead
C: <omitted>
S: L01 OK User logged in
Authenticated.
Security strength factor: 0

Here is my imapd.conf file
configdirectory:        /var/imap
partition-default:      /var/spool/imap
sievedir:               /var/imap/sieve

tls_cert_file:          /etc/cyrusimapd/server.crt
tls_key_file:           /etc/cyrusimapd/server.key

admins:                 cyrus

hashimapspool:          yes
allowanonymouslogin:    no
#allowplaintext:                no
allowplaintext:         yes

# Use this if sieve-scripts could be in ~user/.sieve.
#sieveusehomedir:       yes

# Use saslauthd if you want to use pam for imap.
# But be warned: login with DIGEST-MD5 or CRAM-MD5
# is not possible using pam.
#sasl_pwcheck_method:   saslauthd

/etc/krb5.conf
---------------------------------------
[libdefaults]
        ticket_lifetime = 600
        default_realm = ACME.CO.NZ
        default_tkt_enctypes = des3-hmac-sha1 des-cbc-crc
        default_tgs_enctypes = des3-hmac-sha1 des-cbc-crc

[realms]
        ACME.CO.NZ = {
        kdc = kerberos.acme.co.nz:88
        kdc = kerberos2.acme.co.nz:88