cyrus and gssapi

Stephen sdw2 at shineonline.co.nz
Sat Aug 14 10:32:00 EDT 2004

Sucess thanks, Jukka and Andreas.

Reporting back for anyone else...

I stumbled over "imtest -a cyrus -m gssapi -p imap2 localhost" for a
moment, until I used the fqdn of the imap server,  "imtest -a cyrus -m
gssapi -p imap2 silver.acme.co.nz" . I used the -a switch with imtest
for gssapi to work (i.e. not -u). Gentoo has port 143 mapped to imap2 in
/etc/services.

Also, I tried exporting the keytab to a file /etc/krb5-cyrus.keytab, and
added the line below to /etc/imapd.conf, but the imap server wouldn't
respond to a keytab in /etc/krb5-cyrus.keytab (it did have cyrus
ownership). I had to comment out the line and put the keytab in the
standard place for the gentoo setup, /etc/krb5.keytab.
----> line below added to /etc/imapd.conf but didn't work for me.
    sasl_keytab:         /etc/krb5-cyrus.keytab

Jukka: How have you implemented sasl_keytab??

Cheers
Stephen