timsieved auth problem

Didi Rieder adrieder at sbox.tugraz.at
Fri Aug 13 07:57:44 EDT 2004

Hi again,

we are running cyrus-2.2.8 with sasl-2.1.19.
Our sasl authentication settings in imapd.conf are:

sasl_pwcheck_method: saslauthd
sasl_mech_list: PLAIN LOGIN

saslauthd is using PAM to authenticate. It works well for imap/imaps,
however
we can't get it to run with timsieved. It seems that the sieve deamon is
not advertising
any auth method:

[root at sbox etc]# telnet localhost sieve
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
"IMPLEMENTATION" "Cyrus timsieved v2.2.8"
"SIEVE" "fileinto reject envelope vacation imapflags notify subaddress
relational regex"
"STARTTLS"
OK

Shouln't be a "SASL" "PLAIN" "LOGIN" there?

What could be wrong? (Remember imap works fine)...

Didi

--
Didi Rieder
adrieder at sbox.tugraz.at