mailboxes.db insists on using Berkeley ??

Simon Matter simon.matter at ch.sauter-bc.com
Sun Aug 15 08:40:02 EDT 2004

> On Sat, 2004-08-14 at 13:21, J. W.Andersen, Falster System Teknik wrote:
>> Ever since cyrus 2.0 I dragged along the mailboxes.db in berkeley
>> format, but finally decided to change to skiplist.
>> I converted mailboxes.db to skiplist format, and changed imapd.conf
>> entry mboxlist_db from berkeley to
>> skiplist and attempted to start cyrus, which failed.
>
>> This first happened in 2.2.6 - I upgraded to 2.2.8 - no difference.
>>
>> I then reconfigured cyrus imapd with
>
>> --with-mboxlist-db=skiplist                - no difference.
> This is no longer supported in cyrus 2.2.x dB formats are specified only
> in the configuration file.
>
>> Does the "db4" in the log indicate, that ctl_cyrusdb still thinks, it is
>> a berkeley database, and attempts to
>
>> access it accordingly ? Looks to me, as if the "mboxlist_db: skiplist"
>> in imapd.conf is not understood at all ?
> You need to run cvt_cyrusdb_all after changing the configuration.

The cvt_cyrusdb_all script is only part of my cyrus-imapd rpms, it's not
part of the cyrus-imapd distribution or other packaged distributions.

IIRC there is another possible problem with Berkeley db logs still beeing
around after a conversion to skiplist. In that case I think the files in
db/
can be deleted before starting cyrus-imapd. However, always be sure to
keep backups of all files in a safe place.

Simon