using imap LIST to retrieve list of domains in 2.2.3

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Tue Aug 17 19:37:34 EDT 2004

Edward Rudd wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-08-17 at 12:16, Erik Norgaard wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 17 Aug 2004, Edward Rudd wrote:
>>

> [snip]
>

>>A few questions:
>>1) Have you tried adding wildcard '*' to your queries?
>

> I don't want a list of "ALL" of the folders. just the mailboxes.

Try using the internal format of the names (domain!mailbox):

. LIST "" *!user/%

This should return mailboxes of the form:

user/foo at example.net

>>2) Are you using unix separator instead of '.'?
>

> virtual domains don't work unless you are using the unix separator.
> so I am using unix hierarchy separator.

Incorrect.  The "real" virtdomains support in 2.2 can use either '.' or
'/' without getting confused with the subdomain parts.

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127