Global admin fails via saslauthd and ldap

imap at adari.net imap at adari.net
Tue Aug 17 18:43:18 EDT 2004

Hello,

We are looking to migrate from our existing 2.1.x to the latest ver 2.2.8.
We want to use stock virtual hosting feature and have configured the system
accordingly. We are able to login via 'cyradm' and create user mailboxes
if we use domain specific admin. We have trouble logging in as global admin.
We are using 'saslauthd' and 'ldap' for authentication and using the following
setting in the imapd.conf file:

virtdomains: on
admins: globaladmin mailadmin at test.com
defaultdomain: xyz.com

We are able to login as mailadmin at test.com and create mailboxes for 'test.com'
but can't login as 'globaladmin'. Alternatively, if we change the above config
to the following:

virtdomains: on
admins: globaladmin at xyz.com mailadmin
defaultdomain: test.com

then we can login as globaladmin at xyz.com and create mailboxes for 'xyz.com'
but can't login as mailadmin.

We found that the default domain is getting discarded by the system and never
getting passed to ldap server hence the 'DN' is missing the domain component
and hence failing.

Is there some config setting we are missing that is causing this?

Thanks
__
Seva