Problems logging in to cyradm

Søren Neigaard s.neigaard at mobilethink.dk
Thu Aug 19 02:20:40 EDT 2004

I have installed cyrus and it seems to be running. So Im now trying to log in to the admin tool, but I cant? In /etc/imapd.conf I have set "admins: root", so Im guessing I must use the root password, but when ever i try I get this error:

Login failed: generic failure at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.3/i386-linux-thread-multi/Cyrus/IMAP/Admin.pm line 118
cyradm: cannot authenticate to server with  as root

What causes this, is there something Im missing?

Med venlig hilsen/Best regards
Søren Neigaard
System Architect
Mobilethink A/S