Problem solved: Default domain returns namespace NIL when virtual domains enabled

Erik Norgaard norgaard at locolomo.org
Thu Aug 19 14:15:49 EDT 2004

On Thu, 19 Aug 2004, Ken Murchison wrote:

> The reverse lookup is to support configs where
> each virtdomain is serviced by a particular IP.

Well, if you are serving multiple domains from multiple ip's and
allowing people to authenticate without specifying a fully quali-
fied realm then that is absolutely a neat feature, but then the
'defaultdomain' should be left unspecified, because it wouldn't
make sense.

If I specify a default domain then I certainly expect that to be
used when no domain is given. And if not then I would expect an
error that pointed me towards reverse host lookup problems.

Secondly, I also had problems when I specified the fully qualified
userid. It appears that a fully qualified userid does not take
precedence.

Thanks for the explanation. Sorry, I now see that I missed that in
the very to of the documentation :-(

Regards, Erik

GnuPG Key: http://www.locolomo.org/home/norgaard/norgaard.gpg.asc
pub  1024D/B02CC311 2004-04-05 Erik Norgaard <norgaard at locolomo.org>
     Key fingerprint = 6C11 B9B1 52BD F16D 34AD  9893 D3EC E6DB B02C C311