Getting vacation to run under cyrus-imapd 2.2.6 and cyrus-imapd 2.2.8

Carsten Hoeger choeger at suse.de
Mon Aug 23 04:13:31 EDT 2004

On Fri, Aug 20, Sujit Choudhury wrote:

> We are running SuSE 8.1 and I understand people had problem with this
> version. We are using name space as follows: user/johndoe; user/johndoe/Sent
> Mail etc.  Kendrik Vargas inform me that sendmail parameter was required and
> since then vacation DOES WORK when there is just one hop to the mail, but
> whenever there is multiple hops it seems to fail.We are running out of
> ideas.  Can anybody help?

Please note that cyrus-sieve does only autoreply, if the ENVELOPE-FROM address
is different to the final recipient!

If you are automatically FORWARDING messages, the envelope from address is
normaly changed to the users account, which is forwarding the mail (e.g. when
using .forward) and in this case, sieve will NOT respond!

--
With best regards,

Carsten Hoeger