INBOX issue

Michael Ballard baleful at thesewer.net
Fri Aug 27 18:37:32 EDT 2004

> I've created a couple users with 'cyradm', the mail log shows me as
> logged in, as far as the system is concerned. When I login to
> squirrelmail, the left panel looks normal and without errors, minus
> any folders, but the right panel gives me this error:
>
>                      ERROR:
> ERROR : Could not complete request.
> Query: SELECT "INBOX"
> Reason Given: Mailbox does not exist
>
>  I've gone through all Squirrelmail configs over and over and am sure
> that is OK, so I'm left with IMAP. I've checked and triple checked
> permissions to the best that I understand they are to be. I just don't
> know what to do anymore, I've spent days on this and am fried. :)

I'm having the exact same problem. Except I'm on Fedora Core 2. My configs can be found at: http://thesewer.net/cyrusimapd/help

[root at thesewer root]# rpm -qa | grep cyrus
cyrus-sasl-devel-2.1.18-2
cyrus-imapd-2.2.3-11
cyrus-imapd-utils-2.2.3-11
cyrus-sasl-md5-2.1.18-2
cyrus-sasl-2.1.18-2
cyrus-sasl-plain-2.1.18-2

The parts in sendmail.mc that is commented out with

dnl #Added by Baleful for cyrus-imapd

are the parts that http://thesewer.net/cyrusimapd/install-configure.html says to put in. I try with those in, or out, makes no difference. With them commented out I actually can receive E-mail, with them enabled, I don't get E-mail.

Telnetting (telnet localhost imap) works, and it returns:

* OK thesewer.net Cyrus IMAP4 v2.2.3-Red Hat 2.2.3-11 server ready