Cyrus Murder: Backend causes corrupted mailbox list database

Bernd Helmle mailings at oopsware.de
Sat Aug 28 16:45:12 EDT 2004

[ Sorry for reposting this mail, but it seems to me that the first one
didn't reach the list. ]

we're currently experimenting with the Cyrus Murder to build a IMAP server
cluster infrastructure. I had setup a master mupdate server, a backend and
frontend server. The server configuration looks like below:

  Server A = master mupdate server

  Server B = backend server with mupdate slave daemon

  Server C = frontend server with all proxies enabled

All works fine, the backend synchronizes with the master correctly and the
frontend servers works as expected. However, if i shutdown and restart the
Cyrus IMAP server on the backend, _all_ mailboxes located on this backend
becames unaccessable (when connecting through both, the backend and
frontend servers). The following can be found in the logs:

Aug 26 15:07:28 fritz imap[9894]: login: td9091af2.pool.terralink.de
[217.9.26.242] test CRAM-MD5 User logged in
Aug 26 15:07:28 fritz imap[9894]: IOERROR: opening
fritz!fritz!fritz!default/cyrus.header: No such file or directory

Notice the weird mailbox location path.

Issueing the ctl_mboxlist -d command on the backend shows this:

fritz:~# su cyrus -c "/usr/sbin/ctl_mboxlist -d"
user.test       fritz!fritz!fritz!default       test    lrswipcda
user.test.test2 fritz!fritz!fritz!default       test    lrswipcda

The mupdate master server shows the same. Synchronization after restarting
the backend shows no errors.

Cyrus Version is Cyrus IMAP4 v2.2.8-Debian-2.2.8-1

TIA

--

  Bernd