lower casing in 2.2.3

Neil Schneider pacneil at linuxgeek.net
Fri Apr 2 15:35:59 EST 2004

Seem to still be having the problem with case sensitivity in lmtp
delivery. This problem didn't exist in my previous version, running on my
old server, but it's driving me crazy right now.

SuSE 8.2 rpm version cyrus-imapd-2.1.12-34 from the distribution.
Everything else seems to work fine. Damn outlook clients seem to always
want to "help you out" and change case of username at somedomain.com to
UserName at SomeDomain.com which kicks out the following error in the mail
log.

Apr  2 12:03:40 newserver postfix/lmtp[7465]: 55F2343F3:
to=<UserName at somedomain.com>,
relay=/var/spool/postfix/public/lmtp[/var/spool/postfix/public/lmtp],
delay=0, status=bounced (host
/var/spool/postfix/public/lmtp[/var/spool/postfix/public/lmtp] said:
550-Mailbox unknown.  Either there is no mailbox associated with this
550-name or you do not have authorization to see it. 550 5.1.1 User
unknown (in reply to RCPT TO command))

Here's the current config:

configdirectory: /var/lib/imap
partition-default: /var/spool/imap
lmtp_downcase_rcpt: yes
normalizeuid: yes
sieve_maxscripts: 5
sieve_maxscriptsize: 64
sieveusehomedir: false
sievedir: /var/lib/sieve
admins: cyrus admin pacneil
allowanonymouslogin: no
autocreatequota: 10000
reject8bit: no
quotawarn: 90
timeout: 30
poptimeout: 10
dracinterval: 5
drachost: localhost
sasl_pwcheck_method: auxprop
lmtp_overquota_perm_failure: no

I read the man page for imapd.conf which gave me the normalizeuid:
parameter. That doesn't seem to solve my problem, and lmtp_downcase_rcpt:
seems to do nothing. Any suggestions?

Thanks to Edward for trying to help.

--
Neil Schneider                              pacneil_at_linuxgeek_dot_net
                                           http://www.paccomp.com

Fires can't be made with dead embers, nor can enthusiasm be stirred by
spiritless men. Enthusiasm in our daily work lightens effort and turns
even labor into pleasant tasks. --James Baldwin
---
Home Page: http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus