Shared sent-mail folder

Robert Covell rcovell at rolet.com
Thu Apr 1 10:21:34 EST 2004

We have a client that is wanting to track all incoming and outgoing mail in
his business for auditing purposes.  We can do incoming mail by dropping the
message into two accounts (one for the original recip and the catch-all).

What we cannot figure out is how to catch outgoing mail.

Should we use a shared sent-mail box.  We could migrate their users to IMAP
and have them share a user for sending out-going mail and point the setup to
a folder on the server.  Our problem with this is that we believe
"sent-mail" folder is taken from the incoming setup and not the outgoing
mail setup.

What would be the best way to share a sent-mail folder?

Or is there a way to collect sent-mail for users?

Thanks,
-Bob

---
Home Page: http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus