Executing scripts using sieve

Scott Russell lnxgeek at us.ibm.com
Thu Apr 1 12:17:57 EST 2004

On Thu, 2004-04-01 at 11:58, David Smith wrote:
> Finally got around to playing with sieve, and all my server side
> filtering is now working like a dream however...
>
> I want to setup a sieve rule that will pipe an email sent to a certain
> account to a perl script, I've done a google to see if I can find info
> on this and have hit a blank wall... any help / pointers appreciated
>
> (the plan is to set it up so i can send images from my camera phone to
> an email address and have the images ftp'd to my site...)

You could always have sieve put these images into a special folder and
then using the perl IMAP modules watch that folder for new content. Out
of cron runs a perl script that:

1) connects to imap server
2) gets new messages in the folder "mobile_picts"
3) gets the message content and sends it via ftp to your web site
4) marks the new messages as \Seen
5) disconnects

--
Scott Russell <lnxgeek at us.ibm.com>