BIG PROBLEM: Need help with production box

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Fri Apr 2 13:19:58 EST 2004

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:

> On Fri, 02 Apr 2004, Etienne Goyer wrote:
>
>>On Fri, Apr 02, 2004 at 10:53:58AM -0300, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
>>
>>>On Fri, 02 Apr 2004, Curtis Robinson wrote:
>>>4. Upgrade to BDB 4.2.something, **recompile cyrus against it**
>>>5. db_upgrade
>>>6. Configure the berkeley DB environment, it has precedence over
>>>   anything Cyrus tries to set up.  Search the list archives for
>>>   more hints.
>>>7. db_recover (to reset the environment to your new DBCONFIG
>>>   parameters).
>>
>>Or one could do away with DBD entirely and switch to skiplist.
>

> Is this a good idea for true hash databases such as the delivery database
> and TLS session database?

Depends on your definition of "good".  Will it work?  Yes.  Will it
perform as well as BDB?  No, which is why we use BDB as the default for
these databases.  My recommendation is to find a working version of BDB
and use it for deliver.db and tls_sessions.db

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127
Home Page: http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus