Running reconstruct as cyrus user

Robert Fitzpatrick robert at webtent.com
Fri Apr 2 12:01:49 EST 2004

I found a script that supposedly will sa-learn Cyrus IMAP mailboxes for
spam and ham. The script wants to run the reconstruct command as the
cyrus user, but 'su' seems to have a problem with the way it is setup:

su - -s /bin/sh cyrus -c "/usr/local/cyrus/bin/reconstruct spam"

Aside from the fact that 'su' has a problem with the syntax, if I take
out the offending options of the shell and '-s', it will give me a
directory error, of course, because the port install on my FreeBSD-5.2.1
box setup the user with nologin and nonexistant home directory:

esmtp# su - cyrus -c "/usr/local/cyrus/bin/reconstruct notspam"
su: no directory

Can someone offer advice on how to get this command the script is trying
to execute working? Maybe I don't need to be using the 'cyrus' user to
do this?

--
Robert

---