Running reconstruct as cyrus user

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Tue Apr 13 13:17:07 EDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-04-05 at 00:36, Ken Murchison wrote:
> Craig Ringer wrote:
> > On Sun, 2004-04-04 at 00:13, Robert Fitzpatrick wrote:

> >>The next step is to see if I'm really dealing with a corrupt
> >>mailbox, etc. I don't know the IMAP commands :(  so all I can do with
> >>imtest is test login, how do you list messages, for instance? The man page
> >>seems to only show startup options.
> >
> > Unfortunately, I don't know much more about that than you. I've usually
> > used imtest for login testing and to check what options the server
> > advertises.

> I'm not an IMAP client expert, but here's what I use when I'm testing
> server changes by hand. [snip]

Well, I said I'd write it up, and I finially got around to it. I'd
really appreciate it if someone could quickly check over what I've
written to spot any obvious errors.

It's currently linked from the Troubleshooting page on the wiki:
http://acs-wiki.andrew.cmu.edu/twiki/bin/view/Cyrus/CyrusTroubleshooting
as:
http://acs-wiki.andrew.cmu.edu/twiki/bin/view/Cyrus/ImtestByHand
(stupid name, I know. Sorry.)

Please feel free to add anything you think is missing, or contact me
with a suggestion and I'll get on to it.

Craig Ringer