saslauthd with ldap

Igor Brezac igor at ipass.net
Mon Apr 5 14:41:31 EDT 2004

On Mon, 5 Apr 2004, Adi Linden wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I attempting to authenticate using saslauthd and ldap. Somehow this isn't
> working. How do I need to configure saslauthd.conf to have saslauthd bind
> to the ldap server with the username and password of the user to
> authenticate?

If you use cyrus-sasl 2.1.18 you can try (your ldap server needs to
support SASL):

ldap_servers: ldapi:///
ldap_use_sasl: yes
# Optional
ldap_mech: DIGEST-MD5 # Or which ever one you wish (Do _not_ use EXTERNAL, otherwise everyone gets access)

or

ldap_servers: ldapi:///
ldap_auth_method: bind
ldap_bind_dn: <your bind dn>
ldap_password: <your bind pw>
ldap_filter: uid=%u  # Modify to accomodate your env
ldap_search_base: <your search base>

You can also use 'ldap_auth_method: fastbind', but ldap_filter needs
to expand to user's dn.

For more
https://bugzilla.andrew.cmu.edu/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/src/sasl/saslauthd/LDAP_SASLAUTHD?rev=1.11&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup

--