overquota messages and lmtp 'injecting'

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Mon Apr 5 15:13:19 EDT 2004

Brenden Conte wrote:

> We have been looking at a way to easily notify users that they are over
> quota and are getting mail rejected.  I noticed an internet draft on
> LTMP injecting, but i didn't see anything about that ability within
> cyrus.
>
> Is there a way to insert a message into a users mailbox, even if they're
> over quota (short of creating the message in the proper directory and
> reconstructing their mailbox)?

Yes, by using the LMTP IGNOREQUOTA keyword in the RCPT TO command.  The
easiest (and possibly only way, unless you write your own client) is to
use the Cyrus deliver program with the -q option.

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127
Home Page: http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus